Sstash, you make it sound like I said corporations shouldn't make a profit. I not only didn't say that, I didn't imply it. The key is how they make it. I don't have a problem with a corporation that's honest with me and it's customers. I have a problem with a corporation that runs roughshod over people. The banking industry has a well deserved reputation for unethical and unfair [[not necessarily illegal - they have the lobbyists) business practices. You could add the insurance industry [[my family business) to that list. In fact, in most cases, you can lump them together. If you've had good working relationships with banks, more power to you. I used to do business with smaller, more local banks [[including NBD, which wasn't that small), where I actually knew the officers and employees, and it was fine. I believe the same rule applies to banks as to most other transactions today - keep it as local as possible. I've been a member of my credit union for 40 years. They serve me just fine. If I start another business, I'll need a bank. But I'll always keep them at arms length and use them minimally.