I used to work for a Big 3 consultancy, so these numbers don't surprise me in the least. In fact, they seem a bit low in comparison to the numbers we usually billed at, especially at the senior level.

However, for clients in the public and non-profit sectors, we often took projects on a pro-bono/low-bono basis in order to facilitate the same level of impact at a lower landed cost to the client. We also were much more cognizant of our auxiliary budget [[e.g., We tried to staff an all-local team to save money on airfare). I know that this was the case for a particularly high-profile project our firm was staffed on [[I could go into detail, but that would out me. ).

So, I do look at these numbers being projected and get a little bit nervous that the junior associates are being billed at a relatively high rate for a public sector client [[esp. one that's insolvent). However, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the team is top heavy -- if they're getting senior partners at that rate, this is actually a pretty good bargain. [[Comparison point: the senior partner on one of my cases was being billed out on a four-figure rate per hour.)