Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I still don't get it. Maybe I'm just dumb. Even if ALEC drafted the whole list of ideas, Detroiters would still have to debate and approve any changes. We take what we like, we reject what we don't like.

Plus, I think it's counterproductive to focus on WHOSE idea and WHOSE proposal it is. Why no focus on the idea itself on its own merits? Novine and I don't agree on most anything but when he/she explained the actuarial challenges of a closed pension system vs an open system, my reaction was "Hm. That's an interesting point...one that begs further discussion."

I don't care if the idea comes from Rick Snyder or Diane Bukowski. Lets understand them, deliberate them, and keep improving them.
    The messenger absolutely does matter.

I give credit where it's due. Snyder delivered an RTA after two generations. Congrats.

But the man has shown himself to be untrustworthy. He intentionally works in ways so that his actions can't be FOIA'd or subpoenad in court. He's always trying something slick, seen

A. Here

B. Here

C. And here

Considering all angles is fine. Blindly accepting anything from someone who has shown themselves to more often than not, not work in good faith, is...cmon man.

To paraphrase Chris Rock[[someone I have my own problems with) ALEC/Snyder/GOP/the tea party might just be offering a full ride to a top notch college. They also molested you as a kid so you'll have to forgive the suspicion.
    Last edited by brizee; July-24-13 at 11:38 AM.