As I write this, I'm sitting in the campaign headquarters with everything all boxed up and getting ready to close the office for good. But before I do, I want to make one last try.

Maureen Stapleton, Tupac Hunter, and I continue to believe that we can win this election with a write-in campaign. If we can just finish in the top two in the primary, we're on the ballot in the fall. And the more I've learned about the write-in process, the more I'm convinced this is absolutely winnable.

After the Court of Appeals ruling, Mike indicated he didn't think there would be enough support for a write in candidacy and he didn't want to put his volunteers through one. We, and others, are prepared to try and convince him over the next couple of days to agree to a write in campaign. It would be historic and an incredible challenge, but this campaign was always going to be that anyway.

So, here's what we need from you: Feedback. Please consider whether you would support Mike just as strongly as you already have if he were a write in candidate, or if you think it's time to just move on to another candidate. All we're looking for is an honest reaction.

If you could, please reply to this email today or tomorrow with your response so we can give Mike a realistic assessment of the level of commitment of the volunteer base. If we're going to try this, it has to be right now.

Your input truly matters in this decision. Volunteers like you have been the backbone of Mike's campaign. That would be even more so the case in a write in campaign.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Bryan Barnhill, Campaign Manager
Just received this...