This may be construed as not related to Detroit but I assume that anything EAA related is related to Detroit.

There is an article in the News today about another EAA screw up [[http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE)

The article states, "In addition to Detroit and Kalamazoo, the grant said it would be running schools in Battle Creek, Flint, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Pontiac, Port Huron, Saginaw and Southfield"

I'm curious if anyone knows why there is no mention of any schools in rural communities being added to the EAA? I haven’t looked through the numbers yet but I know historically the lowest performing districts in the state are urban and rural and the poor scores are in the same ballpark. Is it enrollment, location, the fact that Lansing doesn’t want to alienate part of their republican base? I’ll dig through numbers for schools but I know when the state took over [[and completely f’ed up DPS) they claimed it was due to low test scores even though a number of rural districts had lower scores and graduation rates that were just as poor