Yes, we have all heard many bad things about Brightmoor. I was supposedly NEVER good; even before racial transition. It was built by Ford for the workers from Kentucky, with small houses and lots. I believe it changed in the late seventies/early eighties, after most of the other Hoods. Conant Gardens and Royal Oak Charter Township, were like Medieval Slums..located on the outskirts of the cities away from all the "good stuff." I remember being accosted by panhandling drunks from the Cass Corridor in broad daylight on the WSU campus. Crazy people too. One schizophrenic said "I'm in Trouble Landlord threw me OUT!" [[imagine) Showed me his ID card with a West Vernor address. I threw an F Bomb on me when I dared only give him a dollar "someday YOU'll need help!" There were a LOT of hookers in the Corridor back then. West of Third and South of Myrtle lots of burnt out apartment buildings and the Jeffries Low rises. The Northeast part of the City near 7 Mile and Hoover was not that bad until the residency requirement for public employees was lifted..then the Cops left Copper Canyons.