Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
Wow, that is a really sh*tty thing to say.

That's basically implying that someone has control over what everyone else in the country/state/region is doing, and if you fail to satisfactorily control them, it's your fault.
I'm black and spent my entire life in Detroit.

I just want us to do better.

When I see we treat each other/our community like absolute shit but go out of our way to clean up our act for others, it drives me nuts.

We won't start our own businesses, and those here we won't patron.

When business does get created it's ghetto bullshit and customers get treated like dirt. Or the customers act like dirt.

What is it Detroiters annually spend in the suburbs 1.3 billion or 130 million? That is tremendous power but we refuse to use it it. We won't vote except with the threat of an EFM over our heads. There is no reason we should have to beg anyone for sevice, products, or jobs.

I had a conversation with my father recently. He stated if every grocery store in the state adopted a no black customers rule, Detroit would starve in a week.

I'm tirerd of us standing with hat in hand wishing for others to treat us with respect. Respect isn't given, or earned. It's demanded, which we refuse to do.

Yes this country did reprehensible things to us, so let's stop giving people the opportunity to take advantage of us.

PS. Don't take this to mean I have animosity with any one race of people.