Hello, this is a FANTASTIC site, so glad I was told about it. Looking forward to digging through all the photos and history. What I've been looking for is someone who remembers two adults that had a big impact on me. The first is "Sam the Vegetable Man".... he used to drive a truck full of fruits and vegetables [[late 60s - early 70s) and stop on our block. Such a kind, wonderful soul. All I know is that is name is Sam. We used to live on Newport where it dead ends south of Jefferson and Sam would bring his truck once a week.
The other person/place I'm looking for is if anyone remembers a man named Zeke who owned a tiny corner store somewhere within walking distance of Newport/Scripps. I thought the store was called Zeke's but maybe we just called it than because of the man. I recall he was shot to death because of something his brother did and his store was burned again because of something his brother did. Also would have been late 60s early 70s. Do either of these gentlemen ring a bell with anyone?
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this long post!