When I googled I found a discussion on bars in this forum but can't re-find it. I got a pang of nostalgia for the bars where you could really wallow in Detroitness...a pass time I did far too much of. Looking for photos or just memories people have of these and other places:

Anderson's Gardens: 3rd Near Willis. Had classic Detroit jazz among other things...well policed, the bar tenders had badges. Some detectives pimping as well...no problem, no judgement...it worked.

Kibitzer: Cass near Selden. The ultimate Detroit atmosphere, drug overdoses, shootings...still had an Appalachian flair when I frequented the joint.

Alcove: Woodward near Warren. WSU radicals, winos, workers, businessmen....perfect mix. Door was white to simulate a medical clinic, designed to keep certain folks out.

Cobb's Corner: Was this named after Ty Cobb?

O'Halloran's Tipperary Pub--Southfield near Plymouth Rd. Still there? Saw the Clancy Brother's there, 1972.

So many others....the places that really made Detroit, Detroit.

Would love to hear outcomes, building still standing? Place still open!?! Memories...stories....someone's gotta have shooting stories from the Kibitzer. I saw a murder committed two feet away from me just outside the place....loved it. The bar, I mean.