I never thought I'd say it, but I think I liked it better in the old days.

In the old days, good old boy racists would say things like, "I'd rather live under Hitler than work next to a nigger."

And if you opposed them, as a white person, you'd get called a "nigger-lover" or a "race traitor."

Compare it to today: I've hardly posted anything about white racism on this forum before certain posters jump in.

Now, THEY'RE not racists. Of course, that's how they put it. THEY'RE not racists. And MOST white people in the Detroit suburbs aren't racists. There might be a few kooks out there, but overwhelmingly, suburban whites AREN'T racists.

[[But black people in Detroit ARE, generally, according to them, racist.)

Now, see, since no white people are really RACIST anymore, there's no such thing as RACISM anymore. So any accusations of RACISM on the part of WHITE people are predestined to go to that great dead letter office in the sky.

Now, to these non-racist people, since racism isn't a problem anymore, anybody who brings up the topic is playing a game. They're playing a game and they're playing the Race Card.

Never mind that the Race Card was a term used for WHITE people who CODED their racism to appeal to other racists, a la Nixon's Southern Strategy. No, only black people can play a race card today.

Because the only racists, obviously, are black people.