Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
Do you actually think people are going to hang around and keep paying taxes in these "poor neighborhoods" like Boston Edison, Indian Village, Gold Coast. etc. so you can live in Bohemia and drink $10 latte's? Either these neighborhoods start getting the City services they pay a pretty penny for, or they're going to leave. [[you know "abandon" the City). With more tax base gone, your services are going to start suffering too. Pretty soon your rosy glasses are going to get a bit foggy.
Honky Tonk, Ive never had a $10 latte or a latte for that matter in my life. maybe you have as you seem to know all about them. Not a coffee drinker, .Ive lived here for 23 years in the Lafayette area and have probably seen more of the city , bad and good, over the years that you have. so please dont make ridiculous accusations about rose colored glasses..Im not quite sure what your talking about in my comments as I mentioned that the way the city is going only downtown and midtown appears to becoming more viable,, I made no reference to the success of the Indian Village, BE, or GC areas , infact , obviously they would be in trouble.. You need to read more intently before you criticize , try to use some manners on here.