Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

WHOA!!! What's with all the hate here???

I just did some snooping around.... what is this the 'Battle of the Blogs" being fought here???

Since "Google is your friend".... I just did some checking....

Ryan Southen is probably the best photographer who posts on this forum....

NEVER once in my 13 years of posting here have I EVER heard Southen ONCE refer or link to his pro Photography webpage. He has shared with us his love of photography at a younger age, and that later transformed into a business... but he has NEVER Spammed this site. He has however shown DYESers many of his Flickr images [[from perspectives I had never seen before) of many of downtown Detroit [[my favorite is his "GOTHAM CITY" b/w image of the brooding Book Tower, FYI).

On the Google search the first 2 searches I found were ones that I posted in 2 old [[non-related) DYES links... one to Ryan's Flickr page [[the DYES topic was rooftops) about the Broderick Tower [[the pic where his feet were dangling and him mom was going to kill him if she saw that image), and the other was one of his images of the inside of the United Artists Theatre... [[on a DYES theatres link) since I'm the theatre lover on this forum. But I could find NO posts where Southen touted his own website.

I did notice Southen complain in several posts about the SHAMELESS plugs that Strong was doing by "incessantly" starting insipid threads and then plugging his webpages, donations for his documentary, as well as the sale of related items.

Badbrains... [[God your alias makes it so easy...) you almost make it sound like your a friend of Strong. If not in your short time on this forum, perhaps you could point out WHERE exactly that Southen has EVER posted any ads or plugs for his pro Photography business.... I'm interested where you came up with that and am looking forward to a DYES link on it....

Mauser.... you've been here a long time... why do you disparage Ryan [[vis-a-vis your comments about Stromberg2's defense of Southen?).

I've seen your DetroitFunk site, and you do some really good work and show some spectacular photos. So why do you make it sound like you don't like him? Is it photography envy, or what.... you've been here long enough....

Also, I've never met Ryan Southen... nor have I ever done more than link to one of his pics on this forum to show an interesting angle that he took a picture of, or from a building that he "got into".

But in all the years that I've been on here, he's NEVER posted anything negative... until Strong started shamelessly plug his site and make donation requests.

When things around here don't pass the smell test... there's usually a good reason....

P.S. Neavling... I had never been to that site before... probably because I find the Packard Plant topics as "beating a dead horse"... but I will check it out once in a while... to make my own opinion about it... while it didn't tell me a whole lot, I found that the owner throwing in the proverbial towel an interesting point.... and Badbrains... your feelings on why you never got a response to the other thread... don't you think that clouds your judgement just a little on Neavling's article over there? Because your comments about Ryan Southen here are way off base...
    Last edited by Gistok; November-28-12 at 06:36 PM.