Quote Originally Posted by JVB View Post
I spoke of the barbershops because that's what he specifically said. I'm not denying there are plenty of racists, but it's almost always undercover because it's not socially acceptable in the white community. If there is a room full of whites and someone starts saying racist things you wanna know what really happens? Everyone gets very uncomfortable and that person is essentially ignored and ostracized. And depending on who is there they may get directly challenged for being a racist POS.

I'm sorry if that doesn't fit your preconceived notions, but that's how it really is. I'm pretty sure the overt racists do a good job of keeping it to themselves or with others that they know are like minded. I don't doubt there are dive bars or places like that where you can hear that kind of talk somewhat openly but as a general rule it is definitely not appreciated in any public place I've been. Private homes, garages, basements etc - I don't doubt any of that, but overt racism is not tolerated in any public places that I've ever been. That shit is a big no-no.

Tell us which ones - stop holding out on us.
It appears that there are one of two things at play here [[1) you are in a very different room of 'whites' than many/most of the rest of the white people on this board [[myself included) or [[2) you simply do not notice the very blatant yet veiled racism.

Are you telling me that when you are in a room in the suburbs with a number of whites and somoene says 'they ruined the city', they are called out for being racist? Are you saying that when you are in a room full of white people and someone says' "you can't live safely south of 16 mile road", they are called out for their veiled racism?

Sorry, we are in the same general age cracket and if you don't hear that type of stuff consisently you hang out with a very, very rare crowd or simply don't notice it. My guess is it is the latter of the two. When I am in most areas of suburbia [[or anywhere in the state for that matter) if is hard to escape whether I am part of the conversation or just happen to eat lunch next to Mr. Rizzo