Effective April 30, the Detroit Dept. of Transportation initiated its "415" Plan:

On the Dexter [[#16), Grand River [[#21), Gratiot [[#34) and Woodward [[#53) routes, the transit system will introduce The 415 Plan. Effective April 30, The 415 Plan will provide service to DDOT’s four busiest routes every 15 minutes, weekdays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Additionally, service will increase on the same four routes after 6 p.m.

“Thirty four percent of our customers travel on these four routes, making them our busiest. It is clear they need more predictable service along the routes,” said DDOT Chief Executive Officer Ron Freeland. “The 415 Plan will do precisely that. Four routes – 15 minute service – all day long.”
http://www.detroitmi.gov/News/tabid/...5/Default.aspx

Amid all of the service reductions and woefully shoddy service of the past DDOT decade, while I don't know if this is a bright point [[since it's something which should be at least some kind of standard on every transit system), but it certainly is a positive change from most recent DDOT announcements.

My question is, is the 415 plan working? Are buses on those important routes actually on a 15 minute headway? I *hope* that they have managed to at least get this plan to be the regular norm. And hopefully service on other routes isn't suffering as a result. I admit I'm slightly suspicious....if you look on the DDOT website, the May and June "pull out" statistics show 100% pull-out every single day....which while a great thing to strive for, based on prior history and experience, it seems to me somewhere, someday, something would have happened causing less than 100% pull-out.

So, how is 415 working? How about those new Gillig DDOT buses?