I don't know when this happened but the Shark Club Billiards Hall in Canton, MI is closed and out of business. Went there on Wednesday April 18th expecting to shoot a few racks but only found "For Lease" signs in the windows. So what's left on the west side with decent tables? The Rack on Joy Rd, ELectric Stick on Wayne Rd, Snookers on Schoolcraft, Wayne Bowl on Michigan Ave. and Ball,Cue & Brew on Fort St. And all of them are struggling for business. I do not understand why this is happening around here in the Metro Detroit area. The internet and YouTube are crammed with hundreds and hundreds of pool tournaments news and videos from around the country and the world. I don't recall any recent big time tournaments held around here. I did hear of a couple up north in Mt. Pleasant and Alpena, of all places, last year. I understand that bowling and particularly golf tournaments are backed with huge portions of money from the sponsors and they get national coverage on TV. I can't think for the life of me why there is such vast interest in these two sports. They are the most boring and skill-less endeavors anybody ever took up. Why isn't pool as popular with the general public?
http://www.russmarshallphotographs.n...Billiards.html