Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
Quote "Anyone with more than half a brain will applaud the new mayor's efforts That leaves about four posters on here"

That's because you and the three others geniuses don't know anything about business. I know about business and I know the BS that goes on when contracts are awarded. If you think it's all "Mayberry", you have much to learn.

You'd think after the Kwame era and all the embezzlement and outright theft that went on and is still coming to light, that more than a few of you would be questioning "privatizing" anything regarding the city. This isn't a poke at Mayor Bing. It's being realistic of the skulduggery that takes place when large sums of money are in question and interjected into an equation. And men are left to decide. City services should be a function of the government.

Sorry, I don't understand the reasoning behind hiring a private entity to do a job, you're already paying a city division to do. Failed system you can't spend your way out of.
Your right Sstashmoo, I have no idea how business works and must be a complete moron who has a lot to learn. I guess my BS and MS in Electrical Engineering doesn't qualify me to speak on the subject of how antiquated the Detroit Electrical grid is. Also, my 10+ years working in the engineering field must also not qualify me to speak about how business are run. You must indeed possess far superior knowledge about the subject of how business are operated.

Before you reply, yes I am aware that Detroit corruption runs rampant and could [[note: could) happen if the public lighting was turned over to DTE. However, something must be tried since the current people employed to handle the system are inept and incapable of providing AT LEAST something better than a third world service. And no, the government does not need to [[nor in the case of Detroit should not) be involved in running many services including power and lighting.

Again, before you reply I DO NOT [[and have never) worked for DTE. I work for a small non-automotive engineering firm.