Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default Rare piece of Detroit Packard/Lincoln history found - [[ Designer John M Reinhart )

Name:  rein1.jpg
Views: 1702
Size:  40.6 KB
    Photo of by John M. Reinhart found online.

Presenting a book once owned and signed by John M. Reinhart.

Reinhart was the cheif designer for the Lincoln Mark II, the Packard Patrician and many other cars, a list which is much more exhaustive than my rudimentary online search.

The signature reads:
    John M. Reinhart.
    November 30, 1936
    Detroit, Michigan.

I've been holding on to this item since about 2005, it had significance for me as this is a piece of Detroit memorabilia which turned up in an unlikely place, being in a large box full of books which were part of a estate sale in a dingy auction room in Sydney Australia. I bought it pretty much by accident.

If I were to guess, I would say that Reinhart was transferred to Australia permanently by Ford which had large manufacturing and design facilities which served the domestic market in Sydney until the 1980's.

Name:  Styled for the Road.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  33.8 KB

A picture of a Lincoln Zephyr which was illustrated by Reinhart in 1936, the same year that the book was signed.

Photo's of the book:

Name:  IMG_7301.jpg
Views: 1482
Size:  30.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7302.jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  22.0 KB

Name:  IMG_7307.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  25.1 KB

Name:  IMG_7306.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  20.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7304.jpg
Views: 1464
Size:  19.1 KB
    Last edited by riviera; March-29-12 at 04:23 PM.