Welcome to the new DetroitYES!

Including, but not limited to:
  • New, cleaner skin
  • Mobile Support
  • Our one of a kind Headline News home-page

Dear members and friends of the DetroitYES online community. We are pleased to announce the ‘soft launch’ of the DetroitYES Headline News.

These headlines will be unlike usual front page headlines determined by an editorial staff. Instead they will be determined by you, the most informed and influential online community of knowledge about all things metro Detroit-Windsor.

Over 13 years of discussion, in well over one million posts read by millions of visitors you have demonstrated that [and I paraphrase] ‘Thousands of heads are better than one’.

So much so, that I often remark how 95% of what I know about Detroit-Windsor has been learned from you. Your posts have been cited and quoted in local, national and international media outlets and have actually broken the news many times.

Some time ago I thought, “How fitting that you should determine what the headlines for our great metropolis are.”

You are now invited be the first to visit the DetroitYES Headline News at this unlinked location: http://detroityes.com/sd

Over the past few months my AtDetroit LLC business partner Nicolas Boileau has designed and programmed, and together we have been testing, a ‘smart default’ algorithm for determining the headline news based on your participation and activities.

Our formula queries the DetroitYES database every 15 minutes and scores each thread based on a range of factors, for example views and posts, particularly in regard to their ‘recency’ and activity.

The DetroitYES Headline News will be the top 12 threads according to you and our audience -- not the threads that happened to get bumped to the top by the latest posts.

But wait. “I just want to land on the thread list page as always have for years”. No problem. Simply save a bookmark / or create a favorite for this address: http://www.detroityes.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?3-Discuss-Detroit and click it up to enter the forum as always. Switching between the two will be simply done through a common top menu bar.

Full launch will occur on Thursday. Visitors arriving at www.DetroitYES.com will then be served the DetroitYES Headline News. Clicking a headline will lead them directly into the thread, the same as if one had clicked it from the usual thread list.

We will be happy to entertain your questions and comments. Thanks and enjoy.