My parents' favorite store was Sears. We shopped at the Grand River/Oakman store until that closed, then on to the Lincoln Park location, until Sears opened at Fairlane. I continued the tradition only for major appliances, lawn mowers, snow blowers, and tools. Needed a new fridge to replace my 23-year-old Frigidaire in mid-August, so I went to the Sears at Livonia Mall to make my purchase. Walked in, and there was LITERALLY nobody in the mens department. I encountered one elderly couple on the way to major appliances, where I saw one sales associate waiting on another elderly couple. Checked out the fridges, made my selection, and seeked out another sales associate. Not only was there no one else around, I walked back to menswear, then over to tools, and STILL couldn't find anyone to help me. Went back to appliances and waited for the lone associate to finish waiting on the other couple. And waited. And waited. No acknowledgement, no "I'll be with you in a minute"--nothing. After about 15 minutes, I left, went straight for Best Buy where I bought another Frigidaire in no time flat. Needless to say, I have visited my last Sears EVER.