This new Mayor McCheeze is one klassy broad, she is. See, you're not the only one that can throw around slurs and pejoratives, mayor.

Troy mayor on defensive over gay slur

by Bill Lainter | Detroit Free Press

December 3, 2011

Troy's new mayor, Janice Daniels -- a longtime activist in Michigan's tea party movement -- went on the defensive Friday, less than three weeks after being sworn into office, when Internet users found what many called a gay slur on her Facebook page.

In a post dated June 25, Daniels shared with her Facebook followers the line: "I think I am going to throw away my I Love New York carrying bag now that queers can get married there." Daniels' post came a day after New York legislators voted to allow gay marriage in the state.

On Friday evening, Daniels said her Facebook posting "may not have been the most appropriate language."

"But I was not even considering running for mayor at that time. I was speaking for myself," she said. "It's my personal belief that marriage is between one man and one woman. I love people, but I want to acknowledge my First Amendment right to speak freely. I know that as mayor, I represent all of the people in this city."

She's not even denying it. Homophobe much, Ms. Daniels? You get that, Troy? She can use slurs all she wants in her private life, but you can expect her to represent all of you as mayor. lol What a f%cking joke. If you believe that, I got a bridge down by Corktown I'd like to sell you...