Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Occupy Detroit

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    They have a permit, a cordial relationship with the city government never hurt anybody
    Please return to sniping at things you don't understand
    Um... maybe i missed it, but isnt the whole OWS protest about how cordial relationships between the government and favored groups is EXACTLY what hurt EVERYONE?

A little hypocritical to cheer when local government allows favored causes preferential treatment isn't it? Not exactly in keeping with the message... but I guess all is fair in propaganda politics. I mean, I'm sure you'd be just as supportive if the Teabaggers invaded GCP without a permit for a few weeks..right?

From yesterday...
    There's no permit required to simply show up and protest in Grand Circus Park, but you do need a permit to camp out. Occupy Detroit says they know they need that permit and are reapplying for one. That could take up to two weeks before it even goes to City Council to approve.So, why are they being allowed to continue to camp out? We posed that question to the city and its police department. The latter said they are simply monitoring the group every day.
    Meanwhile, in all fairness to the city, the person in charge of approving those type of permits was not in the office on Monday. A spokesperson for the mayor's office says they have reached out to the protesters asking them to make it a shorter camping period. So far, they have not heard back from the demonstrators.
    I really don't care one way or another, I'm really just curious....do they have a permit or not?
    Last edited by bailey; October-18-11 at 02:59 PM.