Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press. "

Oh, come on, seriously? When?

I fully support higher taxes for the rich - much higher. I support a moratorium on foreclosures because banks and Fannie/Freddie have continued to foreclose with impunity without working with the homeowner while taking taxpayer money. We need campaign finance reform.

However I know the type that this movement has sadly turned into. Young kids who live off their parents dime, quite often. Their parents are "the man" they are "protesting." I realize this isn't everyone involved.

This could have been a legitimate movement, but it always seems like good activism is hijacked by the anarchist types and thus becomes...another 1%.

Does anybody remember this JohnKuhnPhoto guy? He was the rich kid from the suburbs who went around vandalizing stuff that didn't belong to him in the city.
http://www.painting-detroit.com/Pain...Gallery.html#2
I rest my case. Disgusting.

As corktownyuppie said, there are things we can be doing instead. I contemplated driving out to NYC, but we have a lot of weekend projects in my neighborhood that I've been working on.

Camping in Roosevelt Park with all your friends is more fun though. Or vandalizing vacant structures that don't belong to you.
You could have a Kite-in.....