Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default The Office of the President

I have never seen the office of the President disrespected as much as since Obama has been in office.

Now I'm separating his policies from respecting the title that he holds.

Clinton got a bj as president yet while talked about greatly by repubs I don't think the office that he held was disrespected as it is now.

People hated Bush but only a non-american disrespected his office [[shoe throwing incident).

The Hank Williams Jr. statement, the you lie statement by that member of Congress, antichrist, Hitler, the racial statements referring to Obama that pop up on a regular basis leads me to believe that there is more to not just agreeing with his policies which happens to all Presidents but there is a racial component to this kind of talk.

Policies aside, Obama has done nothing in his personal comportment to deserve this kind of talk. He has respected the office of the President.

As people we need to know the difference between disagreement and disrespect and behave accordingly.

The crap that Hank Jr let out was wrong on many different levels. I hope the four letter king of sports cans his ass and gets someone else to do the intro.

The office of the President of the United States is one of the most powerful offices in the world. It is in our best interest [[Dems and Repubs) to make sure we don't demean the man who holds the office , because then you demean the office and I don't think Americans really want that.
    Last edited by firstandten; October-05-11 at 12:09 PM.