Just did a bit more research. It seems I was partially wrong about something. The Oakland County Commission actually did pass resolution [[a bipartisan one, at that), last week, calling for the implementation of of a regional transit authority. That said, I'm still under the impression that the executive's office [[i.e. L. Brooks Patterson) is ambivalent about this issue, at best, and at worst, still pretty hostile to the idea.

In fact, it seems that every major county commission that would [[or could) be involved has passed a resolution supporting this or will very soon. That includes the Detroit City Council, the Oakland County Commission, the Macomb County Commission [[the executive's office has also been pretty favorable to the idea), and the Washtenaw County Commission. The Wayne and St. Clair county commissions are expected to pass resolutions very soon, though, I'm not sure what Wayne County's executive office's [[Bob Ficano) position on this is, though, I'd imagine he'd be fully behind this.