This is very interesting. Depending on the logistics of it, this could turn out to be an easy sale to the Pointers. If the selling point is that they would not have to continue to share their school system with Harper Woods, which is on its way to becoming majority black, they may go for it in a big way. My sister and brother-in-law moved to the Pointes when they got married and had to constantly provide documentation to the schools proving that they were residents of the Pointes and that their kids were eligible to attend the schools there. They finally reached a point were they not only had filed a suit against the school system. But they also filed suits against a number of individual parents for harassing their children. At which point their particular problems stopped. But I can imagine that this same type of harassment has increased with Harper Woods black population growing. Therefore, a lot of residents would probably gladly vote for anything that would provide them more leverage in that regard.

As far as county services and taxes go. As a proud Detroiter and resident of Wayne County that owns property in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb and St. Clair Counties. I have to admit that Wayne County [[and this is just going by County Services not the City of Detroit) probably provides the least as far as services go. True, Wayne County services seem to be a little bit better the Southern and Western parts of the county. But it sucks in the northeastern part of the county, which is where the Pointes are located.

Meanwhile, I would say that you receive more bang for your buck from Wayne County than the other three, with St. Clair County pulling in at a close second.

By the way Detroitnerd, I'm with you on the walkable cities stuff. I don't know if you ever have, but check out Utica, Romeo and Armada in Macomb County. All three have some nice walkable areas. Romeo is good for having a lot of themed festivals as well [[Hey, I love pushing Michigan). I think you'll enjoy yourself.