On several occasions I've traveled down Gratiot on a Friday or Saturday night, only to notice that the traffic lights beginning at Gratiot and Russell and continuing down Gratiot/Randolph just passed Monroe go into a red light, yellow light flashing mode that makes crossing the numerous intersections very dangerous. It is especially dangerous at the intersection of Randolph and Monroe, as people drive into Greektown. Now, the same lights just hours before were working perfectly. What is going on? This has been going on since at least May of this year.

Now that the weather is warmer and more people are coming downtown on the weekends, you would think that the City would have corrected this problem. It just bothers the hell out of me when the City has an opportunity to impress visitors, especially downtown, and it fails to have traffic lights working correctly or even have street lights working at all. A one-time visitor might not take note of this, but as a citizen of Detroit I have, and it's disappointing to me to think that the City can't get some basic city services to work correctly.