Just what this city needs...a bail bond business in the middle of what should be some of the highest-end retail/restaurant space.

This place is on Woodward, just a block or so north of Inside Detroit's Welcome Center...and tonight they were having their grand opening party, or else they will be operating as a blind pig, too. I couldn't quite tell, but it seemed some familiar faces were hanging around celebrating this joint's creation.

Not sure who's idea it was to locate away from any of the main places they'd actually be required...like near the 36th, or City Hall, or even the Federal Courthouse [[if they were going for the bigger fishies). It just seems ridiculous to me, but I've never had to do business with one of these establishments. Hope never to have to, either.

What does anyone else think of this?! A bail bonds business on the main drag in the city...what kind of message does this send to our visitors and potential investors?!

I wonder if they are exempt from the Federal reporting standards for >$10k cash deposits?! LOL. Could be Kwhyme's money launderer, right in plain sight.