Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
I'm not bailing out anyone. Remember, the bailouts were the work of neocons and Democrats and the Bush tax cut for the rich was extended by President Obama. Perhaps you should understand that if money is leant to the IMF, then it is no longer available to lend to Americans and that with the US over $14T [[a big number to a lot of non-Democrats) in debt, the US government has to borrow and tap this money from other sources. To the extent it is borrowed and tapped from Americans, it leaves our economy for a period of time. Perhaps you could share the time frame and interest rate because I haven't seen them.

I already pointed out that some of the IMF money has been spent on swank hotel suites and pricey lawyers. You are right. We do get some crumbs from the table.

"Our proposal to increase U.S. participation in the NAB by up to $100 billion as part of an overall increase of $500 billion was warmly endorsed by the G-20 Leaders." -President Barack Obama in a letter of request to Rep. Boehner

"Warmly endorsed" I love that part.
So, at least you are willing to admit that it wasn't just NO!Bama that bailed out and exempted the richest in our world from taxes leading to a tax deficit? I think we're making progress here, albeit fleeting and illusory.