Hello everyone,

My name is Viktoria, currently I am an architecture student at Cornell University working on my Bachelor's thesis. I find Detroit to be one of a kind, essentially a city that is temporal, constantly evolving, abundant with opportunities and interesting encounters. Indeed it is a post-industrial city, but I am critical of all the negative media these days that only focuses on the city's blight and crimes. I'm not particularly interested in projects that call for the return to Fordist properity and production, but I'm looking at ways of re-using post-industrial lanscapes while exploring and showcasing a positive aesthetics to industrial ruins.

I have chosen the Packard Plant as the site of my project development, I am proposing types of industrial re-use that will allow for reoccupation of the abandoned property with a series of classrooms, gallery spaces, artist studios/dormitories, and open landscape/farming areas. I would like to design the project in a way that salvages the memory of the original functions of the factories, as well.

I apologize if this has already been discussed here, and I realize it's a lot to ask of strangers, and I would really appreciate any honest comment/feedback regarding any part of the project, or if there's anything that I could should include in the design.

And, I was wondering if anybody happens to have floor plans, sections/elevations of the building? Or any information regarding what each part of the building was used for in terms of production? Something like the plans and diagrams in this thread: http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...-Line-Question, but with higher resolution so the text is readable? I called the Albert Kahn office, and apparently they only have drawings of 3 of the buildings in the entire complex in the UMich library, and the rest of them are scattered and disorganized. Please let me know if anyone is willing to share documents, drawings, or just down to talk about the city.

Thank you!