I know this issue is like beating a dead horse on here, but I was unable to dig up any old forums. My fiance and I are planning our nuptials in Detroit around Sept/Oct 2010. We're both alums of UDM so getting married in Detroit is very important to us. For the ceremony we're planning on the Sacred Heat Chapel at Marygrove College or St. Joseph's off Gratiot. Her parents and grandparents we're married there, but I know the church is all locked up. Her family is now in Macomb County burbs, so I'm going for Marygrove based on our UDM connections. I also thought St Al's on Wash Blvd would be nice. Most of the guest are out of town as my entire family will be coming from out of state as most of hers so we'll need a venue close to a hotel. I really want to have the reception downtown [[Opera House, Masonic Temple, etc), but I have some reservations mostly about service and getting this all planned from out of state. I also refuse to have a reception in the burbs other than a real city like Birmingham or the sort. Any thoughts. We'll be in town this weekend and the future Mrs would like to check out some places. As a side note, the Book Cadillac is off the table because I am consistently let down every time I have visited.