So...I visit this store from time to time as it's the closest Macys to my house and it intrigues me a lot due to the fact that it's the oldest and largest original Hudson's besides the downtown store. I was just there this weekend and now not only is the fourth floor completely shut down but a small section of the basement is closed off with a.new wall built. Also another portion of the basement/furniture dept is completely empty with no inventory anywhere in site.

I bring this up now because Macy's typically announces its list of store closings around now and I am hoping that this store isn't on the list. I just am unsure how much longer this store could possibly be around. Everytime I am in there, the store is void of customers and is eerily quiet.

In contrast, the Eastland Macys which is a close sister of Northland in terms of age, size and customer demographics seems to be doing better. I was there yesterday and did not see any closed off areas [[except for the restaurant). The store seemed a little busier and the overall physical condition of the store seemed a little better maintained.

Eastland itself seems to be still be a succesful shopping center as there was very little vacancy and all of their anchors are in business. Northland has two empty anchors.

Thoughts?