I will start by saying: I am will not pass judgment on this woman or her family for their drug use. That's a separate issue. And I appreciate Django's heartstrings being tugged at, knowing they will have no place to live and be in the cold. So I hope they find some shelter [[preferably with some type of drug rehab program).

That being said... WTF? How are they supposed to be "served notice" and get "due process" when no one knows they live there?? If they are illegally squatting, then no legal entity has knowledge they exist at that address. And, if the house was condemned before being added to the demolition list, then the OWNER would have been notified. And a notice would have shown up at the door, in case there were LEGAL tenants.

Citylover, forgive me for being so blunt, but I think your comment was way out of line, calling us misinformed. And you wrote:

"The right thing to do is follow the law. If you all are willing to circumvent the law here you are tacitly saying you are giving up your own right to due process in other matters.We live in an orderly society where vigilante backwood [[sic) justice is not tolerated which is why all are entitled to due process. "

Are you saying that they should legally protect their right to continue to break the law? Good luck with that.