Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
I smoked a pack a day for forty years. On November 9, 2001, I fondly caressed my last one, lit it, and enjoyed it. I then quit cold turkey. Found double bubble gum to be a help for a few months, but no other crutches.

Best damn thing I ever did.

If I can do it.....YOU CAN TOO!
June 10, 2002. Just an ordinary day but this was the day that changed my life. Woke up, got dressed, went to work, stopped at a gas station brought a pack of cigarettes. Got to work, went on a smoke break, went back to work took another smoke break and so on and so on. Sometime before 1PM, I was smoking with a co-worker shooting the breeze when holding the cigarette in my hand I spit out the these famous words: "these cigarettes are going to kill me." Took another drag then I put it out went back upstairs sat at my desk and right then I knew I was done. Done after smoking 3 cigarettes out of the new pack. Eight years later, I never looked back.

I understand that smokers hate the inconvenience but the world is a different place from the 20th century when smoking a cigarette was considered sexy. To, Detroitnerd, I understand you are trying to defend your father's habit but his habit which was accepted back in the day is frown on now and trying to make people accept it is like trying to stop the flow of water. Smoking is a filthy habit and it had its day but that day is slowly coming to an end.