Over the past few weeks, through blues and soul singer Buddy Smith, I've met a guitarist named Erich Goebel. I've been around his periphery for years, but never really got to know him.

This cat is an absolute treasure of talent...actually, after a discussion with one of his lifelong friends, I insist on using the term GIFTED. He is that good on the electric axe.

He mans the stage at the Cadieux Cafe roughly every other month with the ever-pixified uber-humorist bassist James and someone new to my perception, Prescott on drums. [[I'll get their last names as soon as Erich answers my e-mail)

I know he drops into the open mic at Nancy Whiskey often...but don't have any specific places to hear him until he decides to do the Cadieux again. I won't miss him there ever again, it was a raucous party last night.

It didn't hurt that my girlfriend ran into someone from work who came in to play some feather bowling...and I ran into a beautiful forumer [[and gossip foodie) doing the same in the next lane.

Cheers and more as I bask in the afterglow of an amazing evening!