Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Theatre Bizarre

Threaded View

More I consider this, the more peeved I get about it.

Surely there might be a holier-than-thou attitude about this from some in City government [[although the more I consider Kielson's comments, the less I think anyone IN Detroit government understands the meaning of the term 'to govern', at least fairly for all), but I fear it may be race-related and/or provincial-minded.

This is not the first time an endeavor imagined by caucasian folk has been completely annihilated by a city government eager to know [[always) who is involved who 'looks like them'?! Only thing that helps the situation, usually, is the commonly-loved color of green. [[all too often, though, this lucre is passed in the shadows to greasy palms)

There is still a strong undercurrent here...if someone strong in wealth and power comes along [[sorta 'plantation-owner' power)...like ill-Illitch, that moron Maroun, trashy Tony, goofy Gilbert, or that creepy Karmanos...they all lay down like servants and let them do whatever the hell they want. [[Remember these rich and powerful ALL supported our last mayor, to the very disgraceful end of his corrupt career.)

Anyone showing signs of creativity...which to me is the echo of the Maker in each of us...is held in disdain, at the very least. Woe to them if they weren't born with interesting pigmentation...or worse, they dared be born in the suburbs or further. Because the temporary powers-that-be at the helm of this city will NOT allow those of whitebread heritage to climb one step up the economic ladder.

Watch as they gather their lack of wits to destroy Theater Bizarre, and their next targets. I won't do their job for them listing each wonderful initiative I am aware of in the city...but I will make my personal list and watch carefully.

It is patently ridiculous for the city to continue trying to quash every creative initiative...they are being ANTI Spirit of Detroit...because that monument celebrates the Spirit of FREEDOM. It is time for a renewal of that Spirit...a revival, if you will. [[and I'm NOT talking religious, although it will appear that way...with the holier-than-thou dimwits taking a strong stance AGAINST creativity, construction, and care...all hallmarks or strong evidences of the Creator at work in each who respond to the needs of those around them).

We need to have some faction of government specifically to foster and aid these initiatives...not shut them down. We need HELP growing the grass-roots, not big stomping boots killing it all in utero...or worse, after it is born and maturing enough to be responsible citizens.

I mean, where is the city's head? We already know they have an atrophied heart. Let's see if they can find their soul. THEN maybe the body can grow.

Perhaps Mayor Bing, our current head, can make progress with those under his leadership who seem to be against this city becoming what it can truly be once again...a great place to start a venture that might possibly change the world.

Lookin' for my caffeine, just heard the coffeemaker start up. Yay!
    Last edited by Gannon; October-26-10 at 06:17 AM.