The 2nd Annual Detroit Fall Beer Festival was an amazing success yesterday, with over 2500 individuals coming together to enjoy this driving force of civilization.

This represents a DOUBLING of last year's attendance, without a single negative incident, save for that poor goth gent who lost his lunch as his girlfriend dragged him towards home.

This festival celebrates Michigan made beer products, and was mentioned in a CNN article on five festivals to not miss this fall. I am still wondering how that got picked up.

Kudos to the Metro Times with their inventive collaboration, this is the only festival by the Michigan Brewer's Guild with shared sponsorship. The other Guild festivals include the big one in Ypsilanti in the summertime, one in the UP at the end of summer...and I'm already planning on attending the Winter Festival in Grand Rapids in February.

Met some amazing individuals, and watched the crowd get progressively loose from their imbibing. Funny how spontaneous toastings became the norm after 4 o'clock. There were two live bands with a good DJ filling the inbetweens, and Mother Nature held her part of the planning by only raining a little...making up for the chilly dampness that we endured last year.

The Michigan Brewer's Guild is filled with some engaging and passionate individuals, and I've become gradually more involved this past year, since one of my oldest hifi-industry friends is one of their organizers. He was in charge of this festival for the past few years, and I'm more than proud of the results.

Mark your calendars for next year, if you love craft beers...and a really great party...you owe yourself to get to the next Detroit Fall Beer Festival. October, 2011.

Cheers