ok, there seems to be some critical information left out here. option B places the rail line in the first traffic lane out from the curb. it will not comingle with turning lanes, parking lanes, or bus stops [[whether there still will be a bus route down woodward remains to be seen). curbs and sidewalks will be built out to the edge of the first lane to meet the second lane [[first traffic lane) at the rail stops/stations. this would effectively cut off the first lane as any type of travel lane.

option A does not address turning lanes. how are people going to turn left on sidestreets? into businesses? are they installing a median? would this increased infrastructure increase the cost? does this mean we'd get one less travel lane of traffic on each direction of woodward?

it seems to me that option A would have the higher potential to be delayed simply by turning left, regardless of the solution. option B would only be delayed by possible illegal double parking and in instances of high traffic, which might be remedied by restricting lane useage and timing of the lights. option B is also the least intrusive and will cost less in infrastructure installation and/or modification.

i'm not beating my head against a wall in proponent of either plan, but it seems like no one is asking critical questions or bringing up the possible benefits of option B.