2003.... good lord, has it been that long already!

I was driving westbound I-696 going to my credit union in Southfield [[not sure if they had the CU Service Centers back then, otherwise I would have saved a trip)... and suddenly noticed everyone was driving slower... found out on the radio [[or lack thereof)... and turned around at Coolidge [[quite a feat with no traffic lights) and headed back to SCS.

I have to agree that since everyone was in the same boat, everyone was somehow nicer to each other on the roadways... and even neighbors were much friendlier... got invited to a friends barbeque [[use up the frozen foods)... and went swimming in their "nice and cool" pool. Entertained ourselves afterwards around a firepit until 2AM.

Funny how without appliances, phones, cell phones, TVs, Computers... etc... people gathered together and just plain COMMUNICATED... the old fashioned way....

The old adage about "earlier simpler times" certainly held true... people were much more polite and less stressed out.... we could use an occasional blackout to bring us back down to reality....