Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
You didn't notice others managed to work with that link?
No, I noticed that when I clicked on the link you posted I got a Facebook error message reading "The page you requested was not found" As I assume Wintersmommy did. I just went back and clicked on it again and got the same.

You didn't notice I mentioned witnessing incidents on the bus more frequently recently?
Yes, but I was looking for something a little harder than anecdotal evidence to back up your assertion that the buses were becoming more dangerous. Outside of the horrifying beating your friend received, which would give anyone pause, most of the rest of what you describe sounds pretty much like the kind of stuff I saw pretty often as a frequent bus rider back in the '70s and '80s.

These days the only buses I ever ride are the Jefferson between the Indian Village area and downtown, and the Woodward up to the Cultural Center, and while there are sometimes some odd or unhappy people on the bus, I really haven't felt even remotely threatened on those lines in years. It was my understanding that statistically crime has been level or dropping on Detroit transit since the bad times of the '80s, at least until recently.

I'm not looking to argue, I'm looking to tell you that there definitely ARE reasons you may want to reconsider riding the bus
OK, warning taken.

I hope your friend recovers and gets better as soon as possible. I know from experience that sometimes the psychological scars of something like this are even worse than the physical ones - even in a terrible case like this - so I hope he is going to be able to avoid and/or deal productively with the dark shadows that can fall on someone after an event of this type.