I was watching Deadliest Catch on DSC Sunday and it brought back alot of pain...Anyone that watched that series knows Capt. Phill Harris died in Feb. this year....Been 3 years,,,Jeff left us in Feb. 2007.............
This song they played,,Rain...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89-P-vd5RC0..Yeah,,it reminds me of Jeff,,I have to explane.....
I never had the honor to meet Jeff inperson....It's funny how you can get close to someone and wanna meet them,,then something bad happens....Life isnt a givin,,it's cruel at times.............
Detroit.......Alot of history,,,alot.....Years ago,,and really,,not that long ago,,,,used to be the mecca of the industrial world...Detroit won WW2..You think of the factories,,and alot of you all have had your parents work in alot of places that are now gone forever....I told someone I worked with if,,and I pray we never ever have another war like ww2,,we wont make it,,there isnt any factories to put out like so many years ago...We are dieing cause of greed.............The factory I work at always have made in the USA on our products,,we went tru a tuff year,,but we survived.........
The old empty buildings that Lowell shares with us on his pictures,,,each man and woman had walked tru them had a story to tell...Some are still there,,,just look around,,and you can see what they was saying...As Jeff understood................
His love for Detroit and will to make it a better city,,to survive for generations on down to enjoy always inspired me....My hope and prayer............
I never had a chance to thank everyone for giving in his name....But 1000 years from now,,I hope a child will be able to step on his brick on the river walk be happy and joyfull and skip into the day and laugh,,,,I hope on Belle Island a young couple walk up upon his rock,,,sit on the park bench and hug and kiss..A thousand years of snow,,sun,,and rain..I think that what Jeff always wanted from anyone in his city...To love and enjoy..
Peace and love to all...........