Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
It would have been condemned by the minority as an outsider defacing their community. It would have been defended by the majority as good natured fun. The minority would be accused of being hypocritical. The cycle continues.
It is difficult to tell whether you are talking in generalities about Metro Detroit, or about the City of Detroit itself. If you are talking about Detroit Proper, then I guess the minority you speak of would have to be the people of Southwest Detroit, the majority of which make up a minority of the City. I am not either one, so I couldn't comment on what the Groupthink would be, and the regular meeting of my particular ethnicity and race isn't until next week, so I haven't been told how we'd respond to something like that yet. Not even sure it is in the minutes.

Either way, you are not really describing a cycle, more like a 180 degree half-moon. I really couldn't see anyone in this area - "minority" or "majority" - defending vandalism as "good-natured fun." .

There was probably a thread on this, but shortly after the section of the Dequindre Cut was opened, despite all of the grafitti enveloping the cut, it seemed the lightposts, emergency phones, garbage cans, and even parts of the path were vandalized with sharpies. [[I'm not blaming O Street for that...yet).