Hi all,

Long time lurker here.

I'm in my 20s, living in the 'burbs, and looking to move into the city. I work downtown and have explored some apartment possibilities downtown, but am increasingly more and more interested in Midtown.

I have a friend that has some interest to move as well, but I want to look into a studio apartment for just me at the moment. I'm thinking west of Woodward near the Bronx Bar seems to have a lot of action going on. I do not want to live in an apartment building with a bunch of undergrads that are constantly partying [[since I'm a young professional now).

Budget wise I'm hoping to find a place under $500 [[w/o utilities). I'm also hoping to have "relatively" secure parking [[I've had a few friends have their cars broken into recently in that general area). I'd like to be as close to the action/near Wayne State as possible - for both the amenities nearby and the security. I'd like to be in a very walkable area.

Additionally, for anyone living in Midtown, what is the best place gym to get a membership to? Is it reasonably priced?

Sorry if this rambled too long - just looking for some input. Thanks!