Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
"...it's surrounded by paved roads that have no sidewalks. In terms of a tourist spot, it's a really difficult location to get to from just about anywhere except for the RenCen and the water"

Incorrect^. The facility is already connected to RenCen by the Riverwalk, eventually it will also be connected to Hart Plaza. It's position along Atwater Drive will allow taxi's and tour buses to access it.
Lowell, you are correct. There is a sidewalk along Atwater but this sidwalk contains a large concrete barrier that cuts it off from the building and the riverwalk [[it's hard to see this barrier on the google satellite image). The building is also connected to the riverwalk, but as I said, it's horribly disconnected from downtown [[especially because it's tucked in behind a much larger parking garage).

I really hope this project is successful and don't mean to be a negative nancy ... I'm just trying to be realistic about the drawbacks of that particular spot. As it stands, Hart Plaza and the Ren Cen are already fairly disconnected from the rest of downtown and don't get a lot of natural foot traffic. Even after this building is up and running, there isn't a whole lot in the immediate vincinity for tourists to go to and do [[shop, etc. ... besides the RenCen which is a fairly confusing building to navigate in, especially for a tourist).