Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
An article today mentioned the designation of the DMC campus and immediate surrounding area to be designated a Renaissance Zone, meaning it tax exempt for business and residents.

What I'm interested in is if that means that residents of a Renaissance Zone are city income tax exempt, or just state income tax exempt?
Tax issue is interesting; City Council has to approve, and part of the reason for this happening now is to make sure it clears with a "Granholm friendly" AG [[who knows what will happen with AG this years' election). So the Zone clearly must have state and city tax ramifications to go with the federal in some way.

Duggan is part of the McNamara "family" tree...cynical part of me thinks that this is somewhat being pushed by that "family" as an "achievement" for Granholm, and obviously for Duggan. Additional cynicism is that this is a hedge on the bet that Cox ends up leading next.

RickBeal - Vanguard announced getting bank approval for funds to go towards the purchase a "major health system" last summer. DMC is much bigger than anything else they own. Detroit basically has three players for 800K people, and St. John [[the "closed" Riverview has been mentioned, though it still houses a clinic and medical offices) has certainly fringed their Detroit presence [["Grosse Pointe" on the Moross campus with the expansion that opened last year). This appears to have been ripe for the taking, and I don't think that the timing is any mistake.

Seems that some wheels have been turning since Bing took over...just saying.