Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
...all across the Capitol grounds bean farmers set up their tables and featured their wares: bean pie, bean souffle, bean cassarole, bean salad, beans in a blanket, bean fritters ....

It raised a stink.
*Southern drawl* That's just wronnnnng.

I read the resolution. I do think that part of it does vilify meat, but if you look at the way most of our meat is raised [[corn-fed, antibiotics, hormones, stressful conditions, being fed waste parts of other cows, etc), maybe it should be vilified. But from a political standpoint, it should have been worded differently [[encouraging people to "explore" a meatless diet for a day or a week). Whoever wrote that on behalf of the governor should have excersized more political caution.

For the record, I am a carnivore. I like meat. Grew up eating it, will always eat it. However, after reading The Omnivore's Dilemma, I have dramatically reduced the amount of meat that I consume, particularly 'industrialized' meat [[I have now started buying more at Eastern Market straight from the source, even though it's much more expensive. I end up buying & eating less meat, which washes out in the end from a budget standpoint, and is healthier). And regarding e-coli, you will understand why e-coli didn't even exist before we started feeding cows corn instead of having them graze naturally.