Hello DYes people....looking for some thoughts from both sides of the fence for a paper I'm working on. The primary subject is the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, however I am looking for memories and thoughts about that point in time in general.

I am trying to capture both sides - particularly that of the police & National Guard, since that side of the story gets far less attention than that of all the black & blue hippies. I am most interested in "talking" to people who were what would have been considered "establishment" at the time: police, government, a member of the armed forces, etc.

I'm not looking for support and/or defense of the actions of the Chicago PD as much as I am looking for personal experiences & recollections from that time from those who might have been watching news coverage of the event and thinking, "they should have maced them days ago", or veterans who may have wanted 5 minutes alone with one of the flower children boo-ing them as they got off a plane or a bus or whatever upon returning from Vietnam. I have a friend who used to tell people he had just gotten out of prison, as he was treated better than when he said he had just gotten out of the Marines.

I am reading a book titled, "Battleground Chicago" which is very interesting, but I'm hoping to connect with some people to talk/interview on the subject.