So today I took a friend of mine and her French boyfriend into the city. I went through Palmer Woods and BE, drove down Woodward as I talked about the city and the region. Had lunch, did the DIA [[which was the alternative to the overprice Mummy exhibit at the Science Center). We go into Windsor to have a beer and see the skyline, this is already night now. Truthfully, I showed him basically the Potemkin village of the city. it would take days to show him everything. Yada, yada, yada we're coming home [[it wasn't bad coming back into the country at all! Had a decent border guard for once!) and I had forgotten to show him Michigan Central Depot. Zoom over there and he snaps two awsomely ghostly shots of the place. He was absolutely shocked that somebody would let that be abandoned. He understand why it was, the decline of the train in America, but just could not believe it. He then proceded to tell me that someday SOON it will be used again [[for the purpose it was built). Perhaps during the day I will show him what real decay it is in [[that is in no way alluding to me going in there, I'm not that kind of stupid suburbanite). But it really struck me that someone, from the outside, has such faith in building. First time I got to show off the city to someone, and it was pleasant, not that I really wanted to show him Brightmoor or anything.