Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

As someone who is very left leaning myself, I can definitely see the appeal of Jesse Ventura. No one, including myself is completely one-sided on the political slant. I consider myself a left-leaning AMERICAN. I side more with those on the left simply because they represent my views more than those on the right. That being said, I don't vote straight ticket, and I have no trouble voting my conscious rather than what some political party tells me to vote. Jesse is an American. He's a veteran, and a VERY smart man who speaks his mind. While I don't agree with all of his viewpoints. I agree more with him than I disagree with him. I would vote for him and not thing twice about it.

ccbatson Guest

Oladub...you are making the classic mistake of relying on the fictional material as opposed to the core philosophical works. Read "Capitalism, the Unknown Ideal" and "The Virtues of Selfishness" to get the right idea.

Libertarian is anti authoritarian, perhaps to the extreme of bordering on Anarchy. Not bad things, BTW.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Oladub...you are making the classic mistake of relying on the fictional material as opposed to the core philosophical works. Read "Capitalism, the Unknown Ideal" and "The Virtues of Selfishness" to get the right idea.

Libertarian is anti authoritarian, perhaps to the extreme of bordering on Anarchy. Not bad things, BTW.
    Sounds like a prescription for disaster to me.

By the way, are those titles written by "liberatarians?" If so, I have no interest in volunteering for brainwashing.

Lorax, I've got to hear what category you believe describes your beliefs and what socio-political books you've read and liked.

Default Jesse Ventura on Democracy

Blarf Guest

Have those who have been waterboarded been properly convicted of terrorism in our courts?

No. Thats part of the problem. It can't be considered a punishment because they're only accused at that point. It would be alot easier to justify if they waited until the guys had been convicted.
    Last edited by mjs; May-23-09 at 10:07 AM.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    No. Thats part of the problem. It can't be considered a punishment becuase they're only accused at that point. It would be alot easier to justify if they waited until the guys had been comvicted.
    Nothing like being a cheerleader for torture!

You and George Bush should do a Torquemada style review of his old Andover Days, since you take your cues from warmongering cheerleaders.

Actually Mel Brooks had it right in "History of the World part I" with the Inquisition Song. Look it up. It should put this all into perspective.

I know looking up things is anthetical to the Reich's m.o., but it really is funny.

Even this "Mancow" social retard from Chicago radio was waterboarded yesterday and admitted it was torture, and he was also a big cheerleader for it.

He lasted a couple of seconds before wussing out like a typical big mouth sissy who runs his chops for a living.

He noted for having called Obama a foreign terrorist, among other socially retarded gems, so you know where he's coming from- land of the Batcrap Crazies.

I know you've seen me speak out against torture! You were arguing against my criticisms regarding Pelosi's inaction on it and also arguing with me against those who defended it in the Bush Torture Memo's thread. I was saying one of the reasons we shouldn't use enhanced interrogation is because we can't be sure the guys are even terrorists. I struggle to understand the Lorax Report.
    Last edited by mjs; May-23-09 at 10:07 AM.

ccbatson Guest

Reading a book...even something as radical and anti American as...oh, I don't know..."The Audacity of Hope" cannot brainwash a person with a modicum of intellect and rational thought.

In this case, the books I referred you to were written by Ayn Rand [[as I made very clear)...definitely not a Libertarian as she herself had made clear in various essays and interviews.

how, exactly, is "The Audacity of Hope" un-American?

you are seriously losing your nut, boy

ccbatson Guest

Marxism is in American rb

A former professional wrestler tells it like it is?? Right

This, from someone who hails a phony plumber as a hero.

ccbatson Guest

I never said I thought he was a hero. I think he was lucky to expose Obama as a Marxist on tape.

how, exactly, is "The Audacity of Hope" Marxist? chapter and verse, not just 'cause Hannity told you it was

you are seriously losing your nut, boy

Boy oh boy, what an opening for a Colbert Conservative and Social Darwinist. What about The Audacity of Hope is Marxist? Let the rant begin.

The first thing that jumps to mind is the idea of “empathy.” Empathy is a Marxist concept when applied to government. And when used by individuals, it is anti-free market as well. Sympathy is OK, empathy is dangerous.

For Conservatives and Social Darwinists like Cc and myself, walking in the shoes of others is a waste of time. If others want to prosper in a capitalist society all they have to do is apply themselves. Ayn Rand and the other great political philosophers believe that if everyone just looks out for themselves and their families…EVERYONE PROSPERS.

Now, there may be a lag time for some before success arrives. But starving can be very motivational for those who don’t want to work for minimum wage [[which is a Marxist concept to begin with). Rest assured that leading conservative scholars have written that,in the end, individuals competing with each other in the unregulated free market “all works out for the best.” [[PUN INTENDED!)

And yet, as I said, even self-disciplined people will fail along the way. But its important to put failure in the proper perspective as Thomas Edison did Edison considered failure as just another way of learning what didn’t work. In that light, failure is a magnificent motivator for showing that capitalism works just as well in real life as it does in theory.

Self-discipline can work for anyone. President Obama applied himself and look what he accomplished. Why can’t every other man and women of color [[or poor white trash for that matter) do the same? The answer is quite simple. They don’t apply themselves with the rigor that our President did. He is not the exception to the rule. His success shows that bias and prejudice no longer exists in the U.S. We have a level playing field on which to compete. This stuff about DWB and other examples of “so-called real-life bias” is just in the imagination of Marxists.

If people choose to apply themselves, going to Denby is no different or more limiting than going to Cranbrook. That stuff about different teachers, curriculum, higher expectations and a culture of success, or social networking giving someone an unfair leg up on the competition is crazy.

Now President Obama wants to lead folks with the false idea that government can do something to help increase social and economic mobility. There is exactly enough social and economic mobility as needed. Anyone who says different is a Marxist.

President Obama wants us to believe that empathy is the basis for democracy. My gosh, he wants to promote freedom and fairness for the poor and downtrodden. What he won’t say is that every time that happens, it inevitably unfairly limits the freedom and liberty of the wealthy. How? Either through the enactment some sort of Marxist legislation that limits corporate decisions or through some sort of taxation where the government takes from the rich and gives to the poor.

Here’s a prescription from long ago that still applies today.

“The prosperity of the lower and middle classes depends upon the good fortune and light taxes of the rich.” Andrew Mellon, treasury secretary under Presidents Harding, Coolidge, and Hoover; founder of Gulf Oil and Alcoa who, at his appointment, was the third richest man in America

In our society, we need not go any further than caring just about ourselves and our immediate families. Adam Smith wrote that "The invisible hand of God" takes care of the rest. But that is not enough for Marxists. They think it’s empathetic to get the government involved.

If some of the elite wealthy among us do decide to sympathize and help others less well off that is our decision. Charity is individual in nature and not governmental. It is not the role of the government to get involved and give the less well off a hand up. And history teaches us that when government does get involved, it is always in the form of a handout that robs people of the initiative to improve themselves and makes them dependent on BIG government.

Now some of you may argue that I should look at how dependent the military industrial complex is on BIG government. Those "no bid" and “cost plus” contracts are needed to keep this nation safe from invasion from within and without. National security trumps anything else, like individual rights to privacy, no matter how often Marxists may complain about individual rights being violated.

Here’s what I mean by BIG government. Take Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. It unfairly limits the right of employers to hire, promote and fire who they want. This is a great example of the “empathy thing” driving unneeded legislation. Social Darwinists know that the most competent will get hired and promoted and the least capable of helping an employer to maximize profits will be let go. That is as the market dictates. Government interference is unwanted, wasteful, and causes headaches for the corporations that make this country grow.

Please feel free to apply that error-proof logic to all other legislation that gives workers so-called rights like Social security, unemployment compensation, workers compensation, minimum wage, overtime and the National Labor Relations, Equal Pay, Occupational Safety and Health, Americans with Disabilities, and Family and Medical Leave Acts. Each unfairly robs management of its legal rights to unilaterally determine any and all conditions of employment as it sees fit. My gosh people, if the market wanted employers to hire adults rather than children, the market would have made that clear to employers. Its just good business sense to use cheaper child labor whenever possible.

Government interference in employment decisions based on “empathy” just gets in the way and is MARXIST.

And please don’t give me the Christian Sermon on the Mount arguments. Jesus never ran a business in an international market where the philosophy of "dog-eat-dog" rules. He never had to operate in a place where if you are not a tough businessman you are thrown to the lions. Yeah, I know, some of his followers had that happen to them. But look where they ended up…dead!

I better not get started on his recent nomination to the SCOTUS. She is “empathetic.” She believes that because she faced oppression and deprivation as a poor Latina that she brings something to the Court that Chief Justice Roberts doesn’t. She thinks that she brings a complementary vision of the consequences of judicial decisions that others don’t. That’s crazy talk. It’s like saying that if there were more black justices on the SCOTUS in 1896, Plessey v. Ferguson would have been decided differently.

I define empathy as not being reflective of the diversity of this nation. I define it as not recognizing a responsibility to the less well off. Empathy is merely a personal bias…typically an anti-white male bias.

What makes the POTUS think that a white male has a bias? Where is that written? No where! And that is why things like the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act are Marxist.

It is clear to Colbert Conservatives and Social Darwinists like Cc and myself that anti-white male bias has no place on the SCOTUS. If a pro-white male bias existed in this country it is just the rightful legacy of our Founding Fathers. They limited the vote to white male property owners. Take this quote from John Jay, the first Chief Justice of the SCOTUS. “The people who own this country ought to govern it.” In 1790, they also limited becoming naturalized citizens to free whites.

It couldn’t be any more clear. Empathy is a Marxist concept. Oh I could go on and on about the horrors of believing that the government has a “social responsibility” to make the nation/world better by “caring” for its citizens by protecting them. Give me a break! If people don’t measure up, let them lie by the roadside. At least that way they would serve as an important reminder to the others to work hard and make something of themselves. That is a better alternative to an empathy-driven government interfering in the affairs of business.

I seem to recall folks on the right were overjoyed at the selection of Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court, and GHWB even said that it was necessary to have a black justice replace Thurgood Marshall. Nobody on the right was too concerned with diversity back then, but I suspect it is because Thomas thinks like them.

And nobody on the right had any problems when Justice Samuel Alito famously proclaimed he brought a different perspective, since, as the son of immigrants, he faced discrimination first hand as well. You guys crack me up with all this holier than though rhetoric, its Ok to claim you bring "perspective" to the court, just as long as you lean to the right.

And yes, Plessy vs Ferguson would have been decided diferently had the court been racially diverse. It wasn't until the liberal thinkers started to take over the government that we got past the segragation laws that the consevatives embraced so dearly.

ccbatson Guest

Libs can't fathom that conservatives like Clarence Thomas because of his character and ideology, not his skin color.

Omaha, good to have you back

Libs can't fathom that conservatives like Clarence Thomas because of his character and ideology, not his skin color.
    Conservatives were overjoyed at Thomas' nomination because they could claim they were now open minded about race.

Myself, I think he is a competent justice, even though I sometimes disagree with his rulings.

ccbatson Guest

Very competent at the limited role he rightfully acknowledges as proper behavior for a Supreme Court Justice. Again, my statement about liberals being unable to "get" honesty like that stands.

Default Cheney's Spin Machine Isn't Working

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Conservatives were overjoyed at Thomas' nomination because they could claim they were now open minded about race.

Myself, I think he is a competent justice, even though I sometimes disagree with his rulings.
    What about his ruling that someone put a pubic hair on his coke? Agree or disagree?

i suggest you read "Strange Justice: The Selling of Clarence Thomas"

ccbatson Guest

That's the best they, liberals, have? A hair on a coke can? Next

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast