Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by rhys View Post

Thanks, the Australian guy,

Rhys
    Very nice to meet you too and hope you enjoy the rest of your time here.

Nice to see everyone again. Great to finally meet Sumas and English and a100driver, among others!

Stromberg2

Thanks again Kathleen and Dave for organizing again, my best time yet at a picnic.

The Chainsaw Story.

Gannon and I had been planning to cut up the willow tree branch that fell on the ItsJeff bench. Gannons woman Christine has a chainsaw so we met at the picnic, Gannon had stopped and gotten a gallon of gas so we were all set to take care of business with Christines chainsaw. At the picnic we packed up Sarge the dog, Luke the mowhawk, Rhys the Aussie, Gannon and myself in the car and headed over to the bench. When we got there I told Gannon that if he just filled up the chainsaw with gas, that would be enough to do the job and he wouldn't need to bring the gas can to the tree. Gannon agreed and pulled the chainsaw out of its bag and then stared at the plug hanging from the grip, it was electric.
    Gannon called Christine and she offered to bring over a bunch of extension cords but declined. We all had a good laugh.

Anyone have a gas powered chainsaw and an hour to spare?

Great picnic anyway. Pam Im sorry, I have a terrible memory. Blue, your sandpail pudding was amazing and your Grandson was cracking me up, what a great kid.. Great meeting English, Sumas said so also. Sorry we didnt get a chance to chat Stromberg. MaJohnson and I were perfect gentlemen [[at least he was) and didnt start one argument over graffiti or trespassing/exploring abandons . Pretty much a perfect day except wish Gnome could have made it. Missed Dodger also, who would have been welcome no matter what she thinks.

Thanks again Kathleen and Dave, did I take any good pics with that sweet camera of yours?.

PGN also
    Last edited by Django; May-29-11 at 09:17 PM. Reason: crystal palace memory loss

Sorry I couldn't attend this year. I would have enjoyed seeing all the smiling faces. I was over at the Fort Custer cemetery and got caught up in a bit of a tornado after the ceremony. Had to pull into a Shell station because I could not see any further than the front bumper. It was a bit of a freak show with ladies shouting and children crying. Was able to persuade the folks to move into the women's restroom. First time I ever seriously used the words "women and children first" without a hint of ironic intent.

Won't forget this day, that's for sure.

Yes, thanks guys! It was nice to meet more DYes folks. And we were all done before the rain! Woo-hoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Thanks again Kathleen and Dave for organizing again, my best time yet at a picnic.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-30-11 at 04:51 AM.

What a great time! It was great to finally put names to faces, and to meet so many of you [[including Lowell!). I'm looking forward to coming to future events.

I enjoyed meeting you all and had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Sorry I couldn't attend this year. I would have enjoyed seeing all the smiling faces. I was over at the Fort Custer cemetery and got caught up in a bit of a tornado after the ceremony. Had to pull into a Shell station because I could not see any further than the front bumper. It was a bit of a freak show with ladies shouting and children crying. Was able to persuade the folks to move into the women's restroom. First time I ever seriously used the words "women and children first" without a hint of ironic intent.
    Won't forget this day, that's for sure.
    Wow, glad you're ok! Pam and I were doing weather watch at the picnic just for that very reason.

Absolutely was a great time! I enjoyed meeting everyone. I'm very glad I decided to join you all. You are a great bunch of people and I hope to see more of you at more gatherings.
    Gannon- I hope that you are able to finish that "automotive job" that you want to do.
    Sumas- Yes, I will be posting more. I won't lurk as much anymore.
    English- I still think the fee is a good idea, and I enjoyed our discussion.
    Kathleen-Thanks for setting this up.\
    Lowell- A pleasure to meet you. Glad you set up this site.
    Danny- Your knowledge of the buildings of the city....wow!
    Blueeidone-Sand pail pudding....what else can be said?

Thanks again everyone. What an awesome time.

Tim [[a100 driver)

I forgot about this.. was it raining? how many people showed up?

We arrived to set up about 11:15....by 1pm, there were maybe 10 people....over the next 4 hours, about 20 more showed up....the teardown began around 5pm, allowing us to get on the road by 5:45. Ran into rain on the way home, but not a drop during the picnic!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2