Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default I-94 Rapid Transit Line- Detroit to Airport

This past weekend, and most likely everyday this summer, I rode the blue "L" line in Chicago that extends mostly down I-90/I-94. Also, someone mentioned this on the "False Hope" thread. Riding on that line got me thinking about the possibility of doing this on the middle of I-94. In the current regional plan, Warren Avenue is planned to become a BRT line. Why not move that proposed line to I-94 and touch more communities and the airport? The line could run from the Airport all the way to the Roseville area with an extension to Mt.Clemens if necessary. The line would also touch/connect with many of the other proposed lines in the RTCC plan. Here are my proposed stations:

- McNamara Terminal
    - North Terminal
    - Taylor [[at Telegraph/connection to Telegraph BRT)
    - Allen Park [[at Southfield Freeway)
    - Melvindale
    - Dearborn [[at Michigan/connection to Michigan LRT/BRT)
    - Livernois
    - Woodbridge
    - Wayne State [[connection to Woodward LRT)
    - Poletown/Eastern Market
    - Van Dyke [[connection to Van Dyke LRT/BRT/ART)
    - Gratiot/City Airport [[connection to Gratiot LRT/BRT)
    - Chandler Park
    - East English Village
    - Grosse Pointes/Eastland [[connection to 8 Mile BRT)
    - East Detroit
    - Roseville [[at Martin Rd)

Future Expansion:
    - Macomb Mall [[connection to Gratiot LRT/BRT)
    - Metro Beach [[connection to Big Beaver/Metro Parkway BRT/ART)
    - Mt.Clemens

What do you guys think? I personally think they should take out the proposed Warren Line and add this one in its place. It would be much more useful for the entire area and connect the Airport to the region in a different way from the AA-Detroit Commuter Rail and Michigan Avenue LRT/BRT. I think this can work.
    Attached Images Attached Images